- More than 3 million people live with type 1 diabetes
- Persons with T1D pricks his/her fingers more than 2,000 time a year to check their blood sugar
- The rate of T1D in children in children under 14 is estimated to increase by 3% annually
- THERE IS NO CURE FOR T1D!!!
- People don’t get T1D because of what they eat or how much they weigh
- T1D is an autoimmune disease in which a person’s pancreas stops producing insulin – a hormone needed to convert food into energy
“People with type 1 diabetes have to take insulin. If you don’t take insulin, you’ll die. It’s a 100% fatal disease.”
-Aaron Kowalski, VP of Treatment Therapies for JDRF
Thank you for being a dedicated Kenzie’s Kure supporter! The proceeds from Kenzie’s Kure events go directly to JDRF to support T1D research. Since its founding in 1970, JDRF has funded more than $1.7 billion in diabetes research and has dramatically advanced the T1D scientific frontier and the management of the disease. Visit www.jdrf.org to learn more.
A big thank you to everyone who joined us at Cocktails for a Cure. We raised more than $1,300 for JDRF – the world’s leading funder of type 1 diabetes research.